10th Nov 2022
We’re Hiring a Commercial Estimator
We’re looking for a new Commercial Estimator! If you’re interested in joining the Blueprint Team, you can read the job spec below.
purpose of the role
To provide estimating services for interior fit-out design and build projects. To be part of the pre-contacts and bid function of the business to ensure that both client expectations and the business objectives are met effectively.
Follow the company processes, whilst suggesting improvements to protect and ultimately improve the GP.
Work closely with design and delivery team members to ensure project success at every level.
- Writing the scope for the project and making sure that the cost base is accurate.
- Building and maintaining key supplier partnerships by negotiating best prices and planning and co-ordinating material procurement to optimise profits.
- Co-ordination of design, sales and subcontracting teams to ensure design and costs can be certified and ready for quote.
- Assessing and interpreting client briefs for accurate cost planning, attending site meetings when required.
- Preparation of detailed cost plans/budget guidance for client presentation and review.
- Advise Sales/design/delivery departments to help identify opportunities that would provide the best return, working to target margins and aiding in the Bid strategy.
- Enter all estimates into our job costing system for continuous review.
- Liaise with the Design Team about any changes required to plans
- Provide accurate briefing/handover to Contracts Manager of all pre-contract information including drawings, quotes, specifications, H&S documents so that they can manage this effectively on site.
Aid in the process of project reduction, and management of all risks at pre-contracts & bid stages (statutory, technical, H&S commercial) on projects.
Work with designs and sales to ensure collaborative development of the projects with effective team working and support of colleagues.
Provide management reports and represent the pre-contracts and bid operations at management meetings. Prepare a synopsis of these activities for the Board.
Knowledge Skills and experience required
- Experience within the design and build/fit-out & refurbishment – minimum 5 years
- Experience in QS or estimating role
- Awareness of the balance of risk and profit is essential
- Good working knowledge of services installations – M&E packages
- Good interpersonal & strong negotiation skills
- Vision, judgement and persuasion
- Active listener
- Strong team player
- Broad technical knowledge and a creative problem solver
How to apply
You can easily apply to our LinkedIn job posting.