16th Jan 2023
We’re Hiring a Business Development Manager
We’re looking for a new Business Development Manager! If you’re interested in joining the Blueprint Team, you can read the job spec below.
Prospect to uncover and secure new business opportunities through:
- Profiling businesses that match Blueprint’s ideal client profile, before developing and executing a strategy to secure an introduction.
- Networking within business circles to generate leads and encourage referrals.
- Working with strategic partners to exchange opportunities and support each other in collaborative project approaches.
- Encouraging clients to make warm introductions to new prospects.
- Respond to inbound Blueprint enquiries; research, qualify and secure first appointments.
- Grow strategic accounts by maintaining contact with those existing clients you have secured or are tasked with managing.
- Create an appropriate sales strategy for each client. Identify client needs and create strategies to position Blueprints services to meet them – workplace consultancy, design services, fit out and furniture solutions.
- Use reports from email campaigns to prioritise likely prospects for immediate follow-up.
TARGETS & REPORTING
- Work with the Directors and Sales team to inform annual sales strategy – including business mix targets segmented by client and business sector, and project type.
- Work independently, but report to other sales team members.
- Achieve minimum GP sales targets and build profitable turnover to annual levels – both to be agreed upon with the Directors.
- To create, maintain and report on the development of the Company CRM system to ensure strategic management of the sales prospecting process and reporting on the pipeline: value, weighting and timing of opportunities relating to new leads, prospects and clients.
- Report wins and successes and use this information to define new sales strategies and brief the marketing team to help them create campaigns to replicate success.
- Contribute ideas for website articles, targeted marketing, literature, event planning etc.
- Assist in the preparation of case studies, videos, photography, project press releases or other industry material for the website or other marketing streams.
- Monitor local press for potential opportunities.
- Working with the sales team – ensure CRM is updated with contact information and supply data for monthly e-news.
Day-to-Day Project Role
Provide a ‘project lead’ role during:
- Bring new opportunities to internal project review meetings to discuss viability with the leadership team (in terms of project profile, available resources, project scope, timings etc.)
- Work with team leaders to put together the strongest internal Blueprint project team for the proposal stage.
- Create and formulate ‘Client Contact Report’ summarising the brief to assist Design and Pre-Contract staff to offer our products and services accordingly.
- Coordinate the proposal process, prepping to ensure the Blueprint response will answer client drivers.
- Present proposals to clients supported by Design and Pre-Con staff (or alone as required, after due training).
- Secure the opportunity into the business, and transfer ownership to the team delivering the project.
- From then on, maintain contact with the client lead, answer queries accordingly, gain feedback on progress, close and conduct project reviews.
Blueprint Interiors is the Midlands leading workplace consultancy and refurbishment specialist. In 21 years we have established a unique offering in the marketplace. The company is experiencing significant growth and has the ambition and talent to continue this trajectory. We are looking for the right person to help us join our first-class team to achieve our joint potential. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record and share our desire to secure long-term success within our “win-win” culture.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience starting at £50k plus an uncapped commission-earning potential. You will have a car and mileage allowance, private health insurance, company life insurance and a company pension scheme.
- A self-starting individual.
- Charismatic, relationship builder – you will attract people to you.
- Skilled networker.
- Empathetic to client/colleague/partner roles.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Profit driven.
- Leadership and motivation skills when it comes to project teams – both client and internal
- Highly literate verbal communicator at all levels
- Impactful presenter
- A proven track record of developing and executing sales strategies that create the right new business prospects.
- Experience in strategic account management with an ability to stay in touch and upsell to past clients.
- Dedicated to project success, with a focus on customer service and support.
- Share in our passion for creating people-focused workspaces.
- Understand and value the role marketing has to play in the sales process and the ability to work with outsourced marketing teams.
- Account management – extensive amount of account management experience. Know the ins and outs of managing high-profile cases, managing complex multiple decision makers and all the complications that might be involved.
- Sales experience – skilled salesperson, which includes in-depth knowledge of everything Blueprint offers in the way of products or services.
- Team management – skilled team manager, who knows how to involve every member of the team and manage conflict should it arise.
- Communication skills – know how to communicate well, both internally and externally – and use skills to express ideas clearly and efficiently to better provide value to their clients.
- Customer service – customer service oriented, understanding the principles behind creating an excellent experience for any of their clients.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years, ideally within office interiors or relevant sector experience.
- Knowledge of CRM software, project management software, reporting systems, Microsoft Office Suite / Mac equivalent.
- Knowledge of digital marketing would also be an advantage.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Rachel@blueprintinteriors.com.