14th Apr 2023
We’re Hiring an Interior Designer (Maternity Cover)
We’re looking for a new Interior Designer! If you’re interested in joining the Blueprint Team, you can read the job spec below.
We are looking for a highly motivated interior designer to join our busy and friendly team at Blueprint Interiors in a maternity cover role. We are a young, dynamic and profitable company engaged in the design, planning, fit-out and furnishing of all types of commercial property. Our success is built around our design-led approach, as well as our determination to deliver projects of the highest quality within agreed timescales, budget and with minimal disruption to the client. Projects are often won at the design stage, so we place great value on building the right team with the correct cross-section of skills in this area.
Our goal is to create great workplaces for people. Our ideal outcomes are fantastic built environments designed for human beings rather than corporate spaces for companies and their employees. In order to do that, our designers spend time understanding our clients whilst building relationships that win their trust, enabling us to design and deliver spaces that support or develop their culture. This design-led approach to our projects makes it an exciting opportunity to fulfil a creative role, with great clients and real responsibility.
- You will demonstrate the ability to ask the right questions of a client team to finalise a brief before formulating interior space plans and 3D models to demonstrate designs which are creative, impressive and conducive to intended purposes.
- The ability to meet deadlines is paramount.
- You will have excellent visual presentation skills, producing digital and printed presentation material ready for client pitches – therefore good literacy and attention to detail are useful.
- You will play a pivotal role in delivering client presentations, and successfully articulating their vision to help secure the opportunity (whilst being supported by Sales and Contracts project team members).
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, a broad education and a range of interests that will have given you ready fluency in conversation.
- You can work well and communicate effectively within the Blueprint team. This involves developing budgets alongside the bid team – therefore understanding the commercial impact of design decisions upon a scheme is important.
- You will support other creative designers where required and effectively communicate their own schemes to the technical designers (who prepare a package ready for the contracts and site teams).
- A personable and professional manner whilst working closely with colleagues, clients and suppliers is essential.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience. Blueprint runs a company pension scheme and has a GP-related company-wide bonus scheme and personal performance reward scheme. The role is based out of WorkLife Central: our own cutting-edge ‘living’ office in Ashby-de-la-Zouch.
As a small business, it is important that the people who join us share our enthusiasm, ambition and commitment to producing great spaces combined with giving great customer service. We are looking for a team player who is not afraid of taking on responsibility, able to use their initiative and who can show and share great creativity and passion when it comes to creating people focused working environments.
We anticipate the right person will have at least 3+ years experience in commercial interior design, in order to demonstrate the required skills.
You will have the ambition to grow and fulfil your potential here at Blueprint, We will encourage you to learn outside your daily objectives, to think about what you want your future to look like and to believe that you can achieve the very best for yourself, your colleagues and your clients. Please note, this is a maternity cover position.
skills & Attributes
- Software knowledge:
- Mac operating systems
- VectorWorks, 2D and 3D.
- Adobe Photoshop, Indesign & Illustrator
- Sketch Up and P-con planner
- iWorks (Keynote, Pages, Numbers) or MS equivalent.
- Understanding, interpreting and delivering on customer needs
- Creative problem solver
- Numerate – understanding of design decisions upon budgets
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage priorities
- Ability to share and collaborate in the creative design process
- Team work across all sectors of our business
- Ability to meet tight timescales and work under pressure
- Broad fit out & furniture knowledge
- Ability to source and work with suppliers, upholding our design responsibilities under ISO 14001
- Willing to take responsibility and use own initiative
- A passion for interiors and creating better workplaces
- Full UK driving license
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.