17th Mar 2020
Blueprint Interiors – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
At Blueprint Interiors, we consider the safety and wellbeing of our staff, clients and contractors to be a top priority.
We are a responsible employer, supplier and contractor and want to reassure you that for as long as the UK Government is advising that there is a risk caused by the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we will continue to take this threat very seriously and do everything possible to protect you and our team.
We will continue to carry out regular risk assessments and follow all guidance that is issued to UK companies by our Government.
Although the situation is rapidly changing, these are the steps we are currently taking to protect all employees, customers and contractors.
In the workplace
In the event that Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads more widely in the UK, Blueprint Interiors is taking health and well-being very seriously and have introduced a number of measures to reduce the risks in the workplace.
- We will continue to follow guidelines set out on the NHS website
- We have advised all staff to ensure they are aware of the symptoms of the virus and the importance of good hygiene in the workplace.
- We have also ensured staff working in our offices and on-site contractors have access to hand sanitisers.
- We are keeping a strict log of visitors to Worklife Central as well as recording the sites our staff have visited and who they have interacted with.
Managing Supply Chain Risk
Our communication with our suppliers so far indicates that we currently have no supply issues relating to the virus. At this stage, we believe that the direct business impact on Blueprint Interiors is low. We will, of course, continue to monitor the situation and take every step possible to mitigate the risk of disruption.
We will continue to liaise closely with suppliers to ensure we have early warning of any changes that could affect our the timing and deadlines of projects.
Provision of health advice to employees
The following outlines the health advice we have provided to employees to help prevent the spread of the virus and hopefully avoid anyone at Blueprint Interiors being infected:
- Advising staff of the symptoms so they can self-quarantine
- Ensuring employees know how the virus is spread
- How they can avoid catching or spreading the virus
- Where to seek help and advice if they think they have the virus.
Blueprint Interiors has ensured that all staff have taken the time to read the guidelines on the NHS website to ensure they comply with the recommendations to keep themselves, colleagues and our customers safe.
We have asked staff to:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash their hands when they get home or arrive at work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or their sleeve (not hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose or mouth with their hands
If there’s a chance staff could have coronavirus, we will ask them to stay away from other people (self-isolate) for up to 14 days to help reduce the possible spread of infection and ask them to stay in isolation away from other people until recovered.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will at all times respect the instructions of clients when our staff or contractors are working on-site at a clients’ offices.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our response to the Coronavirus please get in touch.