British Swimming and its organisations have been in existence since 1869.
British Swimming is the national governing body for Swimming, Diving, Synchronised Swimming, Water Polo and Open Water in Great Britain. It is responsible internationally for the high performance representation of the sport.
The members of British Swimming are the three Home Country national governing bodies of England (ASA), Scotland (Scottish Swimming) and Wales (Swim Wales). We supplied British Swimming with a bespoke furniture solution for their new 3-floor office at Loughborough University.
- BESPOKE FURNITURE SOLUTION
- SIZE OF INTERIOR: 1800M2
British Swimming and its organisations had recently secured a new office space at SportPark, Loughborough University – a £15m development now home to many of the country's top sports governing bodies and national sports organisations, providing a brand new concept in sports working.
The association were moving office and needed new furniture, so Blueprint submitted and won a furniture tender thanks to competitive pricing coupled with the ability to develop bespoke furniture solutions.
THE PROBLEM: ENABLING COLLABORATION & A CLEAR DESK POLICY
British swimming wanted to find a suitable desking product that met the needs of all its various organisations. The main priorities were to create a successful open plan working environment promoting a clear desk policy and collaboration between its teams.
WHAT WE DID
Blueprint worked with British Swimming to understand:
- Company culture
- Workflows between its organisations
- Clear desk policy requirements
- How to represent the brand of the governing bodies and organisations
They identified a key challenge:
- British Swimming wanted to enable collaboration between its organisations and teams in an open plan working environment whilst maintaining a clear desk policy
Blueprint specified furniture solutions for the entire office environment, personalising the blank canvas for British Swimming and their needs. It featured:
- Top boxes and under desk storage to maximise employee desk workspaces and promote British Swimming’s clear desk policy
- A new bright and welcoming reception space: created using various fabric colours, planting and seating
- Break out spaces to facilitate the varying range of ways of working and to ultimately encourage effective and productive collaboration and communication.
- Bespoke glazing manifestations to reflect the company brand as well as meeting regulations.
- Floor to ceiling store wall to maximise storage capacity. Glass doors were used to display books.
- Boardrooms and training rooms throughout the space
- A Memorabilia Library to display and secure medals, trophies and memorabilia held by the organisations.
Blueprint project managed the implementation of the furniture solution:
- Blueprint worked closely with the University to undertake additional fit out to personalise the space for British Swimming and its respective brands.
- Blueprint liaised with University site management to safely undertake delivery of multiple furniture components.
Blueprint took care of the initial furnishing process and have since worked closely with the client to undertake additional desk moves and top ups, as well as design and fit out work to enable the space to adapt to the clients ever changing needs.
- The project was completed to schedule and delivered on time and on budget.
- The beskpoke furniture solution created an open plan working environment whilst also promoting a clear desk policy and collaboration between its teams.
- Blueprint created dedicated break out spaces to facilitate the varying range of ways of working and to ultimately encourage effective and productive collaboration and communication.
Book your free workplace assessment
With no obligation and no fee, let our expert team help you define what you want from your workspace and how to achieve it with a free workplace assessment.Book Now